Rifleman: Neighborhood Defense (4 days)
Rifleman: Neighborhood Defense focuses on learning how to protect businesses, neighborhoods, and homes from violent and seditious individuals and groups of society. In this course, you will learn team movement and building clearing on the individual and team level. To get the most from this class, we recommend that you have taken a Rifleman class from us before taking this course. This is not a beginner's class and should not be your first training experience.
To watch Reid discuss this class, click HERE.
This four-day course will focus on:
--Proper rifle zero
--Professionally structured and "stepped" modules
--Shooting regimen for future development
--Use of cover
--Small unit movement
--Marksmanship at various ranges
--Vehicle deployment (bailouts)
--Hallway and room clearing techniques
--Rifle to pistol transitionsTraining is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
- Magazine-fed rifle RELIABLY ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…) with iron sights, optics recommended but optional. (Bring a spare rifle if you have one, also zeroed for 100 yards.)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended.
- White light (attached to rifle)
- Minimum of 300 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition.
- Minimum 3 rifle magazines
- Minimum 2 pistol magazines
- Quality kydex or leather holster. Outside the waistband holster or drop leg when using a rifle.
- 100 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Rain gear
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these. You will also need clear eye protection.
- Electronic ear protection
- Gun cleaning gear
- Pen and paper
- You will also need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy:
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers