When lives are on the line, you want a rifle in your hands. Make no mistake about it: this class turns out rifleman; people able to make precise hits on attackers at any distance--from across the room to hundreds of yards away. This course will address threats faced by the individual home owner, law enforcement member, and military personnel.
Class material will focus on:
--Proper rifle zero
--Professionally structured and "stepped" modules
--Shooting regimen for future development
--Use of cover
Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Course equipment requirements:
- Magazine-fed rifle ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS in an intermediate or battle rifle cartridge (5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, .30-06, etc…)
- Sling—two point sling is recommended. (Bring a spare rifle also zeroed for 100 yards if you have one.)
- Minimum of 300 rounds of factory loaded rifle ammunition. M855 (Green tip) or 7n6 is fine for most drills, but we will be shooting steel on some drills so bring other non-green tip (xm193 or similar variant) and commercial 5.45 ammunition as well.
- 3 rifle magazines
- White light (attached to rifle)
- Rain gear
- Ballistic eye protection. You will also need clear eye protection.
- Electronic ear protection
- Gun cleaning gear
- Pen and paper
- You will also need to bring a lunch
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Cancellation/ Refund/ Exchange Policy:
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
Disclaimer:As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers