Pistol Immersion: Austere Conditions
Pistol Immersion is Valor Ridge’s Pistolcraft I and Pistolcraft: Austere Conditions combined. Amateurs practice until they get it right, professionals practice until they can no longer get it wrong, and masters never stop practicing. This is some of the most realistic training you can get, and after you complete this class, your mental conditioning for defending yourself and your loved ones will be one step ahead when the time comes. If you have not been in a physical fight before this class, you will by the end of this class. The class provides the student four consecutive days of training and maximum time under professional supervision.
This course focuses on:
--Professionally structured and "stepped" training process for the beginner or experienced shooter.
--Draw and presentation of the pistol
--Angles and use of cover
--Training standards that emphasize time and accuracy for measuring proficiency
--Practice regimen for personal improvement
--Use of force and legal considerations
--Diminished motor skills
--One handed manipulation of the pistol
--Extreme close shooting
Training is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Required class equipment:
- Pistol (Bring a spare pistol if you have one.)
- Magazines to hold 50 rounds per drill. (Double stack mags=4-5. Single-stack mags=7-8)
- 700 rounds of factory ammunition
- Quality kydex or leather holster that stays open during reholstering.
- Ballistic eye protection. Lowe's or Walmart has these. You will also need clear eye protection.
- Electronic ear protection
- Pen and paper
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
- Gun cleaning gear
- You will need to bring a lunch
- Mouth guard
There is no minimum age to take this class. However, students under 18 years of age are required to attend the class together with a participating adult.
Booking a class at Valor Ridge is a commitment to train on your given course dates. Tuition sale is final. We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class. We do offer refund or credit in the highly unlikely event Valor Ridge finds it necessary to cancel a course. This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
As the result of numerous issues that have arisen over the years, we will no longer allow internally-modified firearms once they leave the factory in our classes, unless the work was performed by a certified, qualified gunsmith.
Examples of modifications not requiring a gunsmith are:
- Aftermarket sights
- Aftermarket rails
- Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement parts including springs, connectors, firing pins, etc…
- Mil-spec bolts and bolt carriers (Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, CMMG, LMT, etc...)
- Retaining plates for AK trigger pins (Krebs Custom retainer plates)
- Stipling on pistols or pistol grips
- Firearms converted or rebuilt by manufacturers such as Rifle Dynamics, Krebs Custom, ETC…
- Complete factory lower receivers
- Complete factory upper receivers